22 January 2015

Resistance is futile, how can I play with this?




     To affect change or address things efficiently we first have to acknowledge what is happening to see what is called for here. We look to what is happening on the outside and then we focus in on what is happening within us. What are you feeling? What are you thinking? In other words what story are you telling yourself?? 

     Next comes acceptance, no point in wishing it was any different than it is. If its raining, its raining, adapt. Resistance is futile and a debilitating waste of energy just like worry. It can only make matters worse, whatever they are. 

     "Resistance is futile!" is a phrase made popular by The Borg on Star Trek (we are all Trekkies at my house.) It was intended as a threatening intimidation to give up and surrender in spite of their free will.
My use of the phrase here is quit different. I am speaking of resisting what life has given us. We have such an innate need to control things that as soon as something goes astray, like the weather, we react with resistance, struggle, stress, complaining and frustration that impacts your whole day. There is another way.

     We can learn to accept, adapt and continue with grace. Some of the posts and post links that follow are sharing simple daily occurrences that called for adaptation, to reach into my inner playful genius and find a solution that worked for the moment.   "It is what it is, how can I play with this?" I will also share the stories of my struggles when I wasn't as conscious and aware, I wasn't born this way :)

Other posts will address deeper life issues shared by many and how they found ways to continue with grace. As you follow along I hope it brings you insight and inspiration to know that there is a softer gentler way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for participating in the discussion.